Why Clean Your Air Ducts?
Factors contributing to why you should clean your air ducts:
- New Construction Dust
- Remodel Dust
- Excessive Household Dust
- Allergens and Irritants
- Pollen, Mold, and Dust Mites
- Pet Hair and Dander
- Smoke and Cooking odors
Clean your vents and air ducts and get ready to breathe fresh air.
First, a large hose system is built between a powerful vacuum and the main ducts of the HVAC system. This creates a major suction on the air ducts. The dust has no option but to go toward the vacuum. Think of it like water going down the drain. Next, all the register covers are cleaned and blown down with various high pressured air tools. Dust and debris are instantly sucked out of your home or building. Now the main ducts are cleaned with a pneumatic whip system. Once again, the debris is dislodged and pushed toward the vacuum that is providing extreme suction. Say goodbye to the dust, pet hair, smells, etc.
When most people think about the quality of the air they breathe, they think about the great outdoors – where pollution from cars and factories affect the air. But what about indoor air quality? Many of us, especially in Michigan, spend the majority (up to 90%) of our time inside. With so much time spent indoors, it’s important to have good, clean air to breathe.
Indoor heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems (HVAC) are what we use to heat and cool many of our homes and businesses. In a forced air system, not only does air circulate throughout the system, but dust, debris, pet dander, and allergens are also caught in this cycle. Construction dust starts accumulating from the day the house or building is constructed. Other contaminates continue to build on the walls of the ducts. It is amazing to see the amount of debris that collects in an average duct system over time.
The most effective way of cleaning the contaminants that are circulating throughout your home and business is to have the air ducts cleaned by a professional with the right equipment.
If you can answer YES to any of these questions, it may be time to have your air ducts cleaned…
- Do you suffer from allergies?
- Is there pet hair and dander present?
- Have you done remodeling or new construction?
- Duct Works is a Licensed Mechanical Contractor, which is a requirement in the State of Michigan to perform air duct cleaning.
- Duct Works is an “A” rated company with the Better Business Bureau and Angie’s List.
- Duct Works provides a quote before any work is started.
- Duct Works uses the right equipment.
- A truck-mounted air duct cleaning vacuum takes the dust and debris out of your home or business and has the power to do the job correctly. Some air duct cleaners will use equipment that has only a portion of the power that is necessary to do a thorough job. A glorified vacuum cleaner is not going to cut it.
- Duct Works is a name you can trust.
- If you already have an estimate and the price seems too good to be true, it probably is. Some companies will give a base price that does not include the whole HVAC system. If you feel uncomfortable about how you’re being treated – you should get a quote from someone else. Call Duct Works for a free quote today.
- Duct Works services the greater Grand Rapids, MI area and beyond.